Catholic School Council
The council is made up of parents, staff and students. We meet on the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 6:00 p.m.
Our mission statement is:
Catholic schools focus on nurturing individual gifts, on faith development, on the infusion of
gospel values with learning, and on the preparation of the learner for a responsible role in the
church and community. Given this focus the mission of the London District Catholic School
Board is to serve the catholic student of London Middlesex in a community that nurtures a living
faith and provides a quality catholic education that enables the individual to become a
contributing member of the church and society.
Within the policies, mission statement and goals of the school board, the Council will:
- provide opportunities for parents to be more directly involved in the education of
- their children;
- develop a mission statement and annual goals for the school and evaluate its
- success in achieving those goals;
- Provide advice to the principal on the allocation of staff, school budgets, school
- operations and school management.
- Address the social environment of the school;
- Foster good relations among parents, staff and the local community;
- Be a voice for a catholic education in the local community; and,
- Cooperate with, and provide assistance to, other related groups e.g. C.P.T.A.,
- Parent Advisory Councils, Faculty Council, etc.
- Respond, as appropriate, to referrals from the Board; and
- Report on their activities if requested by the Board.