Love and connection are the things that make our day. Connection with others is the foundation of our sense of well-being. It’s easy to be kind when things are going well with those around us, but it can be scary to be loving and kind when things aren’t going so well, and you might not receive kindness in return.
This can cause us to stop thinking of others needs and focus on ourselves too much. Here’s a helpful activity that teaches us to have kind intentions towards ourselves and others.
- Sit mindfully, with your spine straight and body relaxed.
- Hold your hand over your heart and repeat to yourself:
May I be happy.
May I be safe.
May I be peaceful.
May I be kind.
- Now think of a friend or family member. Repeat to yourself:
May you be happy.
May you be safe.
May you be peaceful.
May you be kind.
- Now imagine people you don’t know yet. Repeat to yourself:
May you all be happy.
May you all be safe.
May you all be peaceful.
May you all be kind.
- Continue your day knowing that everyone wants to be happy, just like you do.
- adapted from Mindful Kids, Stewart & Braun
Ask yourself, there is no wrong answer:
Since greeting yourself and others with peace in your heart, how do you feel this will change your relationships with others?
Connecting to Our Faith
I pray for my friend today, that they have a good day and a blessed life. They are a blessing to me, God, when I need them the most. Just like Jesus is to me. Help me to be kind like Jesus. To be a good friend to others and spread His love. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
CARE – Caring Acts Reach Everyone – Mentally Healthy Schools Student Voice Contest 2018 and 2019
Employees of LDCSB checkout WorkLifeHealth from EAP Provider Morneau Sheppell
We welcome your feedback, click here